Resolving DTD location using a SAX2 EntityResolver

Hi,

I'm using Xerces 1.4.1 via SAX2.

I want to validate some documents against an external DTD. The documents
themselves have a DOCTYPE like this:
---------------
<!DOCTYPE bericht SYSTEM "bericht.dtd">
---------------

I set the following parser features to true:
http://xml.org/sax/features/validation
http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/warn-on-undeclared-elemdef

Now, I want to validate the documents on different hosts. Every host will
likely store the DTDs in a different directory.
This will cause the parser to fail, reporting that it can't find the DTD.

I want to implement the DTD resolving myself. Can this be done using the
EntityResolver interface?

If I implement a custom EntityResolver, and register it, I don't see any
calls coming in.

Any suggestions?

// tt