RE: [xml-dev] SaxXPathFragmentFilter - Reduse large DOM trees using a SAX XPath cutter!

> I have made an experimental SAX XMLFilter. It allows you to
> "filter" out
> the information in an xml document that you want to work with
>  - using
> xpath - and skip the rest.

Neat idea.

> The xpath support is very limited for now...

You're not the first to identify the need for a "serial subset" of XPath, by
which I basically mean a pattern that can be evaluated against a node
knowing only the attributes, ancestors, and attributes of ancestors of that
node. In fact, back in the days when Saxon was a serial SAX-based
transformer, I had a rather similar subset myself! XML Schema now uses a
rather smaller "serial subset" than yours.

Mike Kay