   Re: [xml-dev] XPath node-set order

> I'm sure there must be a reason for that.  But it seems clear enough
> that in order to handle further predicates acting on a node-set, that
> the order of the nodes as encountered must be preserved.

That's exactly the struggle I had when implementing werken.xpath,
way back when.  Using a literal reading of the spec, I opted for
java.util.Set for my NodeSet, and that failed me when it came to
proximity predicates.

Figured that preserving order, while not explicitly stated, was
at least an implementation requirement.

	-bob