From: Williams, Timothy W. [mailto:TIMOTHY.W.WILLIAMS@saic.com]
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 5:01 AM
To: 'Rahul Mahajan'; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] word 2000 to xml

Rahul,
You might want to check out this link.  He discusses his approach as
well as
some roadblocks.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnword2
k/ht
ml/odc_expwordtoxml.asp

Not sure if you really need to write this yourself or not, if not, I've
had
some success using Interchange which comes with the Epic editor.  At one
point, I took a brief look at YAWC too, which looked pretty neat but I
never
took the time to actually try it with my dtd.  That's at
http://www.gca.org/papers/xmleurope2001/papers/html/s28-1.html to read
about
it or his site
http://www.yawcpro.com/

Not exactly what your looking for, but might help a little...
--tim