   Re: [xml-dev] XML and mainframes, yet again

>I just ran some tests on NEL. [...]

I just ran some tests on CR.  I began by replacing the all line breaks
in /etc/motd with CR.  I then ran various standard utilities on the
resulting file.

wc claimed that it contained 0 lines.
cat displayed it all on one line, overprinted.
more for some reason showed two lines.
vi displayed one long, wrapped line with ^Ms in it.
grep treated it as one long line.

-- Richard