   RE: [xml-dev] DTD problem

> Actually DeclHandler is a SAX2 class, not a JAXP class.
>
> Any layered SAX2 validator will parse those strings, like

Not quite sure what you mean...

Example:
You create a GUI to generate and XML document.
You are not sure of the DTD, so you parse it and retrieve all of the info you need.

HOWEVER

you click on an element, and are unsure what elements you can have beneath it...

SO

you need to be able to parse the "model" retrieved by the SAX2 class DeclHandler's elementDecl(String name, String model) to find out precisely what elements can be sub-elements of the current element.

The model can be quite complex (have a look at the spec) so, is there a parser for the model, NOT a parser for the DTD (that's quite easy really) to tell me what elements can be underneath the current element (or do I have to write one).

A simple yes will do, BUT please give examples if you can!

Paul