   Fat Albert's Theorem (foremerly RE: [xml-dev] terra incognita)

> XML's familiarity, ubiquity, low cost, and the assistance of
> Moore's Law make objections concerning its design point, its inefficiency,
> and the extra steps needed to encode arbitrary data more or less moot.

In honor of the popular Moore's Law, I propose:

                Fat Albert's Theorem
                --------------------
          The number of XML-based grammars
             will double every 18 months.

                Mushmouth's Corollary
                ---------------------
     Only 1 out of every 10 XML-based grammars
         will ever be adopted by people other
          than the designers of the grammar.

               Weird Harold's Corollary
    There is a direct correlation between the size of
        the DTD (or Schema) for an XML-based grammar
      and the number of participants in the design.

References to statistical evidence (pro and con) happily solicited...

Regards,
Ramin