   RE: [xml-dev] WebDAV (was Re: [xml-dev] Some comments on the 1.1 draft)

We are really getting off-topic here.

If this issue is not on the current open issues list ([1]), you should raise
it on the WebDAV WG mailing list ([2]).

> > > WebDAV interoperability has more to do with the small size of
> the overall
> > > community (tribal knowledge) than it does with clarity or
> correctness of
> > > specification.
> >
> > Yes and no. I agree that RFC2518 needs more work to go into the
> next stage
> > in the standardization process, but I doub't you'll find a
> single person in
> > the Working Group disagreeing with that. In fact, there's a long list of
> > known issues which need to be resolved for this next step.
>
> I know this... my point is that if you implement according to the
> specification, you will likely be wrong, or at least not
> interoperate. That's
> not useful.

Yes. So what's the right way to address this? (a) have interoperability
tests, (b) document the issues, (c) work on the resolution. That's what the
Working Group does.

Julian

[1] <http://www1.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/protocol/issues.html>
[2] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/>