   Re: [xml-dev] Goodbye to textual applications?

Adam Turoff wrote:

> Sounds like you want to keep the bath water just to save the
> baby.  DTDs have a lot of warts, they don't really fit XML
> documents very well, and they don't mesh well with XML data at all.

Kind of makes you wonder how we got by the last couple of years...

Perhaps I'm atypical, but most of my XML data is based on (if not
validated against) a DTD. If my DTD doesn't mesh with my data, it probably
means that my data is wrong. Reports about the death of DTDs continue to
be greatly exaggerated...

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au