   Re: [xml-dev] XML "tuple spaces" alpha technology demonstrated

On Wednesday 26 December 2001 08:15 pm, Champion, Mike wrote:
> Definitely, because they're both based on David Gelertner's original idea
> of "tuple spaces".

Your should read the book "Mirror Worlds" and visit the company
(www.mirrorworlds.com or www.scopeware.com).  You can also visit the Linda
web site http://www.cs.yale.edu/Linda/linda.html

> Ruple and other "XML spaces" systems
> exchange small XML documents, providing application independence, platform
> independence, and vendor neutrality  while leveraging HTTP/SMTP/FTP/etc as
> well as XPath, SOAP and other XML techologies.

Seems to me that "Ruple" is pretty trivial to implement given a reasonable
underlying database. I'm not sure what the real value is though... how do you
imagine such spaces being used? Perhaps for service lookup in web service
registries?