   RE: [xml-dev] XML "tuple spaces" alpha technology demonstrated

> Seems to me that "Ruple" is pretty trivial to implement given a
reasonable
> underlying database. I'm not sure what the real value is though... how
do
> you imagine such spaces being used? Perhaps for service lookup in web
> service registries?

What drew me to Linda almost 20 years ago was the simple idea of using
indirection to coordinate parallel programs.  With advent of Internet,
Linda is finding new application: coordination of distributed processes.
The concept of tuple space has been reinterpreted in context of XML so
that a tuple is an XML document with some aspects of the document used
as tuple data and rest as payload.

While XML-based Linda service network can be used for SOAP service
lookup, I would go one step further so that SOAP invocations and results
become tuples, thus removing the need for SOAP consumers to find
providers entirely: you send SOAP invocation to Linda and wait for
result to 'bubble' without being concerned about who provided the
service (billing layer will of course have to exists for commercial
services).

Throw Linda, XML, and P2P in together and you end up with something more
potent than sum of all the alphabets.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All,

Don Park
Docuverse