   RE: SV: SV: [xml-dev] XML=WAP? And DOA?

Maybe what we try to say is that from a programmatical point of view, there
is no added information in a format where the meta-data is embedded into the
data, compared to a format where meta-data is expressed in a header and pure
data follows. The only advantage is for human eyes ; it is great for
debugging. But one should never think that embedding meta-data within data
gives any advantage to XML vs. "header-then-data" formats. Your definition
of "opacity" is anthropomorphical ; from a computer perspective, XML and CSV
are equally crystal clear on the lexical level and completely opaque on the
semantic level.

Regards,
Nicolas