   Newbie looking for resources (want to create XML app for music collectio

Hello,

To get started learning XML, I'm planning to migrate my music and movie
collections from an Excel spreadsheet and an Access database to XML.  Can
you please tell me if this topic (and my lack of experience) is appropriate
for this list?  If not, could you point me to any resources that would help
with what I've described below?

In a nutshell, here's my plan:
1. start with simple browser display of XML data files (using IE)
2. add VBScript and DHTML to manipulate and query data (to replicate what
I'm currently doing in MS Access)
3. eventually learn another scripting language in Linux and create an
application using the same data files

Thanks much,

Lee