   Re: [xml-dev] RDDL (was RE: [xml-dev] Negotiate Out The Noise)

Dare Obasanjo wrote:

> I'd prefer a convention based on the URL type in combination with a
repository
> similar to UDDI and web services. For instance namespaces that have URI's
that
> begin with "xmlns://" can be submitted to a registrar where their
> document/resources  (maybe even RDDL files) are passed along to node
operators
> who replicate the data across several nodes at regular intervals.

Great. I have no problem with this. You should write it up and submit it to
the IETF as an RFC. You could specify exactly what and how you the URI is to
be resolved. I assume RDDL is being used primarily with URIs of the "http"
scheme so the mechanisms wouldn't interfere with eachother in the least.

Is anyone using RDDL with URI schemes other than "http" ?

Jonathan