   Re: [xml-dev] RDDL (was RE: [xml-dev] Negotiate Out The Noise)

I'd prefer a convention based on the URL type in combination with a repository
similar to UDDI and web services. For instance namespaces that have URI's that
begin with "xmlns://" can be submitted to a registrar where their
document/resources  (maybe even RDDL files) are passed along to node operators
who replicate the data across several nodes at regular intervals.

Then there are several interfaces to retrieving the metadata about the
namespace from special search engines on websites to programmatic interfaces
that communicate via web services, etc. Also subsets of the metadataa can be
requested either just the human readable stuff or the aspects of the data that
are important for machine processing.

Of course, this may turn out to be more complex than RDDL to implement but may
be somewhat more useful for end users.

--
THINGS TO DO IF I BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD #49
If I learn the whereabouts of the one artifact which can destroy me, I