   RE: [xml-dev] XML is easy, was: Re: SV: [xml-dev] XML=WAP? And DOA?

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] XML is easy, was: Re: SV: [xml-dev] XML=WAP? And DOA?
  • From: Mike Champion <mc@xegesis.org>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 21:06:59 -0500

1/18/2002 6:56:04 PM, "Joshua Allen" <joshuaa@microsoft.com> wrote:

>  The fact that it didn't turn out exactly conforming and that
>they chose to shut out Opera was entirely the result of mistakes and
>screw-ups.

I'm sure that's right.  As is usual with screwups (Arthur Andersen
being the most recent example) the initial problem was much less
damning than the clumsy attempts at damage control.  Humble apologies
work well, blaming the victim tends to start a feeding frenzy.

> Trust me, he was incredibly humbled and doing a complete 180
> when some more knowledgeable people offered to help him understand
> the issues.

And how does he like that new job in Kandahar, Afghanistan?  <grin>