   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Flexible Schemas (was RE: [xml-dev] The task to be sol

Nicolas Lehuen wrote:

> Well, I said I wouldn't reply to each message, but... One more time : WE
> KNOW that a RDDL document only describes a namespace.

This is the original goal of RDDL, but I see at least two other levels
where RDDL like xlinks could be used.

Using RDDL to describe namespaces creates (0, n) <--> (0, n) links
between instance documents and RDDL documents.

RDDL like documents could also be attached to instance documents to
describe their processing model. We would then add to the notion of
namespace a notion of "processing space" which could be described in a
RDDL like fashion.

The links between instance documents and processing space definitions
would probably be (0,1) <--> (0,n).

Going still more specific, any web page could be a RDDL like document
describing its own structure and giving, for instance, the list of
source XML documents and XSLT transformations used to compose it, and a
list of tools which might be used to process its content.

The XHTML document would then be its own description and the link be

Beside its original goal, RDDL appears then to be a good example of
XLinks embedded if XHTML documents to add "machine processable" information.

My 0,02 Euros,

Eric

--
Rendez-vous a Paris pour les Electronic Business Days 2002.
                                   http://www.edifrance.org/ebd/index.htm