   RE: [xml-dev] Generality of HTTP

> The Internet exists as a system
> of hardware and protocols, but the web only
> exists insofar as someone or some group takes
> existing content, hooks it together, and calls
> that a web.  There ain't no "The Web".

Since we're into ontology, let's just point out that the notion that the
first entity described here "exists" and the second one "only exists insofar
as someone calls it a web" is highly dubious. You can adopt whatever theory
of existence you like, but you will get the same answer for these two
entities.

Mike Kay