   Re: [xml-dev] Auto-completion in editors (RE: [xml-dev] ANN: XML Origin,

At 09:17 AM 28/01/02 +0100, Nicolas LEHUEN wrote:
>Regarding auto-completion, on this screen-shot :
>
>http://www.xmlorigin.com/images/screen/screen2.gif
>
>We can see that when typing '</', a list of tags to be closed is proposed.
>This is not required. At any moment, in an XML document, there is only one
>tag to be closed, the last opened one.

I have an xml-mode for emacs that I wrote way before xml
happened, it used to be called structext-mode.  It's not
nearly as clever as PSGML and runs on regexes so can be
fooled, but it has two things that are totally addictive:

- type / and it puts in the right end-tag
- type C-C / and it puts in the right start-tag (assuming you're
  in a repeating pattern)

 -Tim