   RE: [xml-dev] "Smart ASCII" -> XML for authoring?

[...]
> And a lot like what's done in various Wikis, which all have
> plaintext markup schemes...

I'd been thinking along the same lines. Having been bitten
by the wiki bug recently both at work, and as a means to
organise my research notes.

I wanted to be able to statically publish this information,
and work on it with XML tools (indexing, styling, etc). So I've
a project simmering on the back-burner at the moment to
take one of the open source wikis -- I'm using jspWiki at
present -- and rework it so that it stores content as XML, but
allows authoring using the standard Wiki syntax. That way
everybody wins.

Cheers,

L.