   RE: [xml-dev] Getting rid of entities (was: misprocessing namespaces)

[Rick Jelliffe]
> > Not always. See Carl Malamud's excellent book* on why the overlayered
> > OSI Reference Model failed to get
> > successful/popular/excellent(?) implementations
> > while TCP/IP has taken over.

[Michael Kay]

>Actually, the protocol stack we use today (SOAP, XML, HTTP, TCP, IP, ...)
>can be seen as a highly successful implementation of the OSI Reference
>Model.

One of the great ironies of the OSI Reference Model for communications is
that is has succeeded - not as a computer to computer - communication
model but as a programmer-to-programmer communication model :-)

Sean