   RE: [xml-dev] XML-based Wikis (was RE: [xml-dev] "Smart ASCII" -> XML fo

[...]
> > Does anyone know of another open source Wiki that already has
> > an XML back end?
>
> I've written a wiki as JSP/Servlets. Originally the content was stored
> in XML and transformed to either xHTML or WikiText using an XSLT
> sheet/taglib; which worked nicely until it came to handling the wiki
> whitespace/newline rules from the edit pages in XSLT; XSLT ws stumps me
> ... I winded up using JDK1.4 regexes instead (to see what they're like;
> not bad) and leaving the content as wikitext (had to move on). But I'd
> be interested in looking at the XML storage again (I might have a rough
> dtd knocking about).

You've gotten a lot further than I have, I'd be interested in taking a
look at the schema you defined, although I can't imagine it's particularly
complex.

> Btw, if you've used a wiki where the users classify
> things using CategoryCategory pages (like the c2 wiki), what would your
> thoughts be on blowing out topic maps or RDF from the link structure?

I've not used CategoryCategory pages so not sure how they work. I had
thought that it'd be interesting to extract TM/RDF data from Wiki pages.
I don't know a great deal about TMs, but each Wiki page is generally a
'topic'.

I'd like to do the same with mailing list threads.

The background to this is Mikes 'xml wikipedia' idea. It struck me that
if such a thing did get off the ground then the contents should be
stored as markup to ensure its longevity.

Cheers,

L.

--
Leigh Dodds, Research Group, Ingenta | "Pluralitas non est ponenda
http://weblogs.userland.com/eclectic |    sine necessitate"