   RE: [xml-dev] XML Schemas for X12 documents

On Wednesday, February 06, 2002 8:16 AM, K.R.Vaidyanathan wrote:

> Its Ansi ASC X12 810 standard. this is a standard defined for the
> invoice document.

Take a look at http://www.vcml.net.  There are several
industry-specific schemas that provide support for 810s and 850s
(including all other standard e-business transactions).

The schemas are derived directly from the ANSI X12 and
EDIFACT e-business standards and incorporate industry-specific
enhancements to these standards.  The following industries are
currently available (with more to be added):
  - Aerospace
  - Automotive
  - Education
  - Energy
  - Finance
  - Government
  - Healthcare
  - Insurance
  - Petrochemical
  - Retail
  - Telecommunications
  - Transportation

We also have "industry-agnostic" schemas that are derived directly
from the X12 and EDIFACT standards (e.g. they represent the entire
X12 and EDIFACT standard - all transactions, all versions).

There are free downloads available for the industries listed above.
Each download consists of the following:

   - Schemas: Schemas for every transaction set, segment,
     and element used by the industries listed above.

   - Specification Guides: Specification Guides for
     communicating with trading partners.

   - Getting Started Guide: A summary of the possible uses
     for VCML and a description of the components provided
     in the VCML industry download packages.

Send me an email if you need any additional information
regarding this effort - we can discuss it off-list.

Thanks!

John Evdemon
CTO - XML/Director of Engineering
Vitria