From: Francis Norton <francis@redrice.com>
To: xml-dev <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
Subject: [xml-dev] living fossil?
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 12:56:18 +0000

Hi,

I found this in a .NET public beta 2 CAB file that I just generated:

--
<?XML version="1.0" ENCODING='UTF-8'?>
<!DOCTYPE SOFTPKG SYSTEM "http://www.microsoft.com/standards/osd/osd.dtd";>
<?XML::namespace href="http://www.microsoft.com/standards/osd/msicd.dtd";
as="MSICD"?>
<SOFTPKG NAME="BufferMapperCab" VERSION="1,0,0,0">
        <TITLE> BufferMapperCab </TITLE>
            <MSICD::NATIVECODE>
                <CODE NAME="BufferMapper">
                    <IMPLEMENTATION>
                        <CODEBASE FILENAME="BufferMapper.exe">
                        </CODEBASE>
                    </IMPLEMENTATION>
                </CODE>
            </MSICD::NATIVECODE>
</SOFTPKG>
--

Anyone recognise this PI-based usage - is it a pre-namespaces-rec
syntax, or what?

Francis.