   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Why REST? (RE: [xml-dev] WSIO- With Name)

Paul Prescod scripsit:

> Okay, but how *do* we work around the use/mention problem where an
> assertion could refer either to the W3C or to its home page. 95% of the
> time it is okay to ignore this issue and use the same URI for both but
> occasionally we will want to say something about one or the other. I
> can't think of a case off the top of my head but...

Come on, it's trivial.  My home page is measured in kilo*bytes*, I am
measured in kilo*grams*.  I have a mailbox you can send mail to.
My home page doesn't have a mailbox, and sending mail to it is
pointless.  We aren't interchangeable.

The topic maps strategy (which can be mirrored in RDF with a bit
of convention) handles the difference as neat as can be.

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan@ccil.org
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.  There