   Re: [xml-dev] WSIO vs. Semantic Web - Setting the Record Straight

Joshua Allen wrote:

> That's where I definitely disagree -- Web Services is just *one*
> application of XML, and was not the first, neither will it be the last.
> Many of the things W3C is working on (besides WS stuff like SOAP)
> address other uses of XML.  I think that web services are hitting
> deployment faster simply because the concept of "Execute some code over
> there" is more straightforward and understandable by people.

Is that what web services are about? We have a serious terminological
difference. I thought it was about organizations integrating their
information systems. I'm not trying to be glib. I'm seriously trying to
work out what web services are. SOAP is indeed a sufficient protocol for
saying "execute some code over there." But it is probably the seventh or
eight sufficient protocol in that vein...

 Paul Prescod