   RE: [xml-dev] Re: [namespaceDocument-8] 14 Theses

Rick Jelliffe wrote :
> I think this mention of "run time" is important, because there is
> no single
> "time of running" for dynamic documents being passed around systems.

I think this simple remark from Rick is, indeed, a ==very strong== one,
which is all about what I consider an intrinsic design flaw/issue of today's
Web (that MUST be properly addressed in future's SW, I hope).

This design flaw, by its very nature, already led to a very big number (*)
of :

+ deployment and interoperability issues (well, I guess, these are not that
critical in the long term, given the pace smart
men/communities/consortiums/standard bodies/corporations - in that order
;=] - can invent better ways to have machines do "the thing")

+ security issues (these being ==utterly critical== in the long term, for
the same reasons - especially when there are chances for them to be "reused"
on purpose of practising power, politics, etc)

(*) given the amazing context of facts that ... our Web's history is very
short - compared to other well-known human activities of global impact -
education, science, commerce, politics, etc - over time

Rgds --CJ