   Re: [xml-dev] Using non-SOAP XML-Vocabularies in Web-Services

3/1/2002 12:18:37 PM, "Wayne Steele" <xmlmaster@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I am a tester at BEA.
>We just released a beta of "WebLogic Workshop", which does just that.

From my VERY limited look at the Weblogic Workshop beta, it seems to
do what we're talking about in other threads -- make the network and
the message exchange pattern an explicit part of the web service
design process, but in a  way that should be fairly painless for
real programmers.

1 - Does anyone else who has looked more closely at this agree, or am I
engaged in wishful thinking?

2 - How does this compare with web service IDEs from Microsoft, Borland,
IBM, etc. in terms of "making it easy to work with the Web as it is" rather
than "pretending the Web is a giant LAN."