   Re: RE: [xml-dev] Stupid Question (was RE: [xml-dev] XML doesn'tdeserve

3/5/2002 1:45:56 PM, "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com> wrote:

>But in the programming language the type information is out of band as
>well. Information about simple types is obviously not but declarations
>of complex types are not available simply from looking at that one
>class.

Right.  My point was to ask why it helps to put some meta-information
in-line but make the user get other information out of band. Compilers
(as far as I know) generally do it out of band.  I
can see doing it all inline, all out of band, but not a mix of both.
That leads us into the PSVI muddle.

Again, maybe there's a good reason for this ... someone please educate
me.