   RE: [xml-dev] JSP or XSL?

>As Mike suggested, would love to hear from more people who were in same boat
>and the choices they made.

I'm in the same boat, but haven't made any choices yet.  We have an
additional complexity where the substitution needs to be done
regularly and rapidly.  We have building controls schematics that
have real-time values of temperatures, flows and status
(running/stopping for pumps, fans, etc.).

For simple graphics, JSP style text substitution on the server seems
easy, but static.  Feeding script to do the substitution on the
client along with the graphic seems possible, but difficult to
maintain.  Changing the color of the element because it's too hot or
too cold seems like an XSL thing.

I agree with Leigh, in the end it will be a mixture of things, maybe
even more than two :-).

Joel