   RE: [xml-dev] Re: Pipelines : inside or outside the parser ? (was RE: [x

I am not specifically asking to use XNI nor to standardize it. There are
other pipelining APIs such as XPipes that could be used, too.

For the moment my background on pipelining APIs is not deep enough for me to
choose one, so most of the development we made are using a very lightweight
API based on the exchange of DOM documents. Theoritically not very
efficient, but it perfectly fits 80% of our needs for now (the remaining 20%
use SAX pipelining).

What I am suggesting is just that the processing pipeline should not be
embedded within the parser. The parser should not be the master piece of an
XML processing pipeline, it should only be seen as a data injector.

The pipelining API and parsing API should be orthogonal.

The Xerces and XNI model is very nice, but I think that validation should be
treated as a task orthogonal to parsing, and exposed outside of the parser,
not as a subtask of parsing.

Best regards,
Nicolas