   Re: [xml-dev] Tim Bray on "Which Technologies Matter?"

I realize that I am still a newbie in this group, but being that I am still
very fresh from the Educational experience, I can attest that every
technology is new at some time or other and that all mattered.  Per
example, what matters more Prolog or Lisp?  I think pundants of both
languages will argue their side as to which language gives greater
possibilities for the acheivment of AI.  But when, and if, the day comes
that AI is acheived, the technology that was used to successfully to
implement it will overshadow the previous 2 ltechnologies mentioned.  Then
dump 10 years on top of that and whatever new list comes out will most
likely rate Lisp and Prolog as not being very significant.  The driving
force of the significance of a new technology is staying power, and the
driving force behing staying power is, as stated before, whether everyone
believes that they should be betting on and backing that horse.

Aaron Manns
USS Level II Process Control