   Re: [xml-dev] Finding the target of a RDDL document

Eric van der Vlist wrote:
> Sorry to ask such a trivial question, but if I read a RDDL document, how
> can I find its target?

You can't.  At the moment there is no explicit "back-pointer" from
a RDDL to the target it describes.  Jonathan and I talked about this
but couldn't think of a good reason to have one.  But we didn't
consider it that much; is there a good reason?

> I like RDDL a lot, but I am wondering if it's not misusing simple XLink
> here since after http://www.rddl.org/ has been redirected to
> http://www.openhealth.org/RDDL/ , my understanding is that when I read:
>
> <rddl:resource xlink:type="simple"
> this is describing a link between the rddl:resource element of the
> http://www.openhealth.org/RDDL/ XML document and the document
> http://www.rddl.org/natures rather than a link between
> http://www.rddl.org/ and http://www.rddl.org/natures.

No, if you go and read the introduction to the RDDL spec, it states
clearly that the links are from the descriptions of the related resouces
to the related resources being described.  We re-wrote the intro because
of precisely the question you just asked. -Tim