   Re: [xml-dev] Who can implement W3C XML Schema ?

Jonathan Robie wrote:

> 3. In places where the spec is not clear, or where you as an implementor of
> XML Schema find it difficult to implement, let's see some email traffic
> sent to XML Schema.

In all honesty, will this do any good?

First, people (and not just on xml-dev) have been complaining for a long
time about how difficult the XML Schemas spec is to read. While the WG
should be credited for writing the tutorial in response, they didn't fix
the spec itself. While I'm sure there are many reasons for this -- I
would imagine wanting to finish in a timely fashion being one of the
main ones -- the consequences of this decision are now making themselves
felt in interoperability problems.

Second, I don't think that rewriting this sentence here or clarifying
that paragraph there will really do much good. The difficulty of the
language pervades the spec and I feel that the only real solution is to
rewrite the spec from scratch. Given the number of different
interpretations that already exist in the form of conflicting schema
tools, it seems unlikely that this would introduce any new problems.

-- Ron