   RE: [xml-dev] Who can implement W3C XML Schema ?

I agree: the current implementations are nowhere near compatible enough. If
you use XML Schema, and you need it to work compatibly across
implementations, be loud - and speak directly to the people who are
responsible for solving the problem. Submit concrete examples of
incompatibility.

Call to Arms:

When you encounter an instance that illustrates compatibility problems,
don't let it drop! Instead, do the following:

1. Let's figure out which implementations do a particularly good job of
implementing XML Schema. If there are one or two that are really good, that
would be very useful information, even if there are a bunch that are not
good. Let's make compatibility a marketable commodity.

2. If the spec is clear and the implementation simply does not implement
the spec, let the vendor know the problem, and that compatibility really
matters to you. Let's put pressure on the vendors.

3. In places where the spec is not clear, or where you as an implementor of
XML Schema find it difficult to implement, let's see some email traffic
sent to XML Schema. Send your feedback to:

	www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org

I note that there is a spam problem on this comments list. Sigh. XSL and
XQuery have fixed their spam problems, I'll send email to the Schema IG
suggesting that this is a problem.

Jonathan