   Re: [xml-dev] XML in the alleged Real World (was Re: [xml-dev] Does XML-

>XSLT is good for simple things, hard for hard things, and
> the tools don't help with the hard stuff.

Yep, and this was a reason touted by Microsoft for not building some of the
ASP.NET stuff on XSLT.
I (personally) don't think XSLT is all that hard, i just find that sometimes
there are limits around what you
can reasonable do with it (client state being an example i had hassles
with). Forget passing 50 parameters to preserve
state.
There are generally always way around it, but then it effects performance
coz it's all done on the server.

If we could say that the two main browsers supported the XSLT standard,
everything would be an awfully lot easier.
In any case,  i think you need XML+XSLT+Glue in any reasonable sized
application - but then i never expected XSLT to
be all things anyway. I guess i mean "ServerXSLT" - something combining the
environment with XSLT itself. The inverse of server
controls in .NET, where XSLT is the focus containing business server logic
rather than the other way round
(which is really what controls in ASP.NET give us).

cheers,
Steven
http://deltabis.com/steven