   RE: [xml-dev] XML in the alleged Real World (was Re: [xml-dev] DoesXML-D

  • To: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@comcast.net>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] XML in the alleged Real World (was Re: [xml-dev] DoesXML-Dev m...
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 14:51:32 -0800

I've used SQL, C++, Java, and C# to write medium sized applications and have never read any of the actual standards or specification documents yet managed to be rather productive with most of my problems being due to errors on my part than due to complexity or design of the language/technology at hand.

On the other hand, I literally read W3C XML recomendations on a daily basis and (in my opinion) still have difficulties in utilizing these technologies in non-trivial applications, many of which are based on the limitations and interconnectedness of these technologies.

If many users constantly have problems with your technology it means one of two things a.) there is something wrong with your users or b.) there is something wrong with the technology.