   Re: [xml-dev] namespace URI name conventions?

David LeBlanc wrote:

> >From all i've read and seen discussed, ns URI's aren't supposed to have any
> basis in reality. Seems to me they're just a pattern to distinguish one ns
> from another. If that's true, then http://nuldev.foo/my_ns is a perfectly
> acceptable ns URI.

If you choose names outside of a domain name that you control then how
do you know that someone else hasn't also chosen http://nuldev.foo/myns?
I think that the point is that you should choose URIs on a domain that
you own. You should also put a date in in case you you lose control of
the domain so that the new owner's names will be distinct from yours. Of
course there is no code to enforce this. That's why they are just
conventions.

 Paul Prescod