   Re: [xml-dev] Does XML-Dev matter?

On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 10:25:49PM -0800, Ronald Bourret wrote:
> Mike Champion wrote:
> > Or do they remain
> > silent because they think we're idiots and they enjoy watching us make fools
> > of ourselves? <grin>
>
> I think the majority remains silent because they watch us make fools of
> ourselves and have the good sense to realize they're a click on the
> "Send" button away from the same fate themselves.

  I'm interested in 5% of the posts to this list. I usually reply
or push a message only when I feel really compelled, silence ain't
agreement, it may just mean the threshold needed to get a reaction is
not reached. Heck if I was replying only to state that I agree or disagree
I wouldn't have any time left for other work. I have the feeling
some of the people are just paid to sit here and fill the channel,
it's not my case. I never press a "Send" button because GUI mailers
are just too slow for the amount of mail I want to process, and most
of the time the key used is <Control>D , this is true for this list
and others, we are saturated by information, the problem is selecting
and providing focused contribution, not growing the entropy, and do so
in limited time...

Daniel