   Re: RELAX NG Marketing (was RE: [xml-dev] Do Names Matt er?)

> Does this means that Xerces-J (yes, I meant the Java version) can validate
> an instance against a RELAX NG schema? I can't understand how this would be
> possible with just support for SAX and DOM; wouldn't the parser have to
> understand RELAX NG semantics?

You might want to have a look at JARV (http://iso-relax.sourceforge.net/JARV/).
This is the API supported by both MSV and Jing for applications that
want to use RELAX NG (or whatever other schema language) to validate
documents.

MSV also comes with the feature called "JAXP masquerading", where it
behaves as if Xerces (or whatever parser you use) supports RELAX NG
validation.

regards,
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
E-Mail: kk@kohsuke.org