   Re: [xml-dev] Patent on XML and XSLT together?

Hi David:

David said:
> This was claimed as something Sun is trying to do:
>
> http://l2.espacenet.com/dips/viewer?PN=WO0163481&;CY=ep&LG=en&DB=EPD
>
> Basically if you chose a stylesheet to transform your xml based on browser
> type or some (any?) other criteria, you'd be in violation of this patent
if
> it becomes one. Originally seen on the axkit.org "daily churn".

Didier replies:
Gee. In this case it is obviously a waste of money from Sun to apply for a
patent since several systems published since 1999 or 2000 already do that.
If the US patent office grants a patent for this "Sun's invention", my next
step is to apply for a US patent about the respiratory system and charge a
license fee to everyone using "my invention" :-)), :-)) !!!! Maybe we should
suggest to Sun to obtain a patent for XML-Dev and the US congress since they
invented the world :-)) :-))!!!

cheers
Didier PH Martin