   Re: [xml-dev] SQL DTD and related questions

> Márcio Fernando Keller wrote:
>
> I know that the transform to a new document can transform in a new
> tree and than process it. I see two alternatives:
>
> 1º)old.xml + map.xsl => new.xml  (is a compatible database doc with
> inserts, updates,.... and process it with SAX)
>                       |---- This is created by an xsl generator.
>
> 2º)old.xml + map.xsl => new.xml  (is a compatible database doc, but I
> need process it with DOM probably. It haven't inserts,... )
>                       |---- This is created by an xsl generator.

Can you give examples of each? I still don't completely understand.
Thanks.

> Hummm. My project is academic and is conected to others.... My users
> whill not write xsl... to transform. I see problems with
> integration of heterogeneous data....

What problems do you see integrating heterogenous data? If your external
mapping information identifies the database, you can simply execute each
SQL statement against the correct database.

-- Ron