   Re: [xml-dev] WD for Namespaces 1.1

Julian Reschke wrote:

> Can you *name* a currently supported validating XML 1.0 processor which
> doesn*t support namespaces already?

That's not what I'm saying. The current situation is this:

   Namespaces are not part of the XML recommendation, so DTDs are
   suitable for XML documents as long as those documents don't require
   namespace support.

The change would mean that:

   DTDs are unable to play with namespaces, so they are not capable of
   fully supporting the v1.1 recommendation. Ergo, DTDs should be dropped
   as they have been rendered incomplete and confusing.

I don't know whether this will be the case, but it seems logical. I also don't
know whether it would be a good or bad thing - I'm just trying to establish the
possible impact of the change. Am I the only one who thinks that we risk
creating an underclass of systems and documents?

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mcarr@allette.com.au
       - Einstein