   Re: [xml-dev] WD for Namespaces 1.1

Ronald Bourret wrote:

> I think you're missing something. Forcing parser writers to implement
> namespaces is not the same as forcing document authors to use them.

No, but as long as namespaces not part of the recommendation, as DTD is a viable
mechanism. As soon as they are part of the recommendation, a DTD is potentially
incapable of dealing with "vanilla" v1.1 documents. I would have a hard time justifying
keeping DTDs under those circumstances.

> The
> only people who would be hurt by requiring namespace support in XML 1.1
> are those who (against the advice of the XML 1.0 spec) use colons in
> element type and attribute names. I'm curious if anybody actually does
> this.

I can't imagine that they do, but that's not the issue, I don't think.

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mcarr@allette.com.au
       - Einstein