   Re: [xml-dev] WD for Namespaces 1.1

Marcus Carr wrote:

> Umm, no thanks. There are still plenty of people working with DTDs and/or
> avoiding the use of namespaces where possible. I don't think that it's
> appropriate to condemn them to using a non-XML parser, or am I missing something?

I think you're missing something. Forcing parser writers to implement
namespaces is not the same as forcing document authors to use them. The
only people who would be hurt by requiring namespace support in XML 1.1
are those who (against the advice of the XML 1.0 spec) use colons in
element type and attribute names. I'm curious if anybody actually does
this.

-- Ron