   XML compatibility with SGML (was Re: [xml-dev] WD for Namespaces 1.1)

One of the things I undersand to be true about XML-1.0 is that it is a
subset of SGML such that any SGML processor can understand and XML document
as-is.  If XML Nnamespaces-1.1 were to be joined to XML-1.1, what does this
mean about SGML compatibility?  Is this even a consideration for future
versions of XML?  Or is the issue of compatibility only concerned with
well-formedness? (sorry, I know little about SGML itself.)

---
Seairth Jacobs
seairth@seairth.com