   RE: [xml-dev] [good] Question about NS 1.1

At 18:28 09/04/2002 +0100, Michael Kay wrote:

>The whole problem is caused by doing namespaces as a cheap and cheerful
>bolt-on to XML without recognizing that it was an architectural change to
>the foundations. Perhaps it is too late to fix now, but one reason I want to
>see namespaces move into the core is that I'm fed up with attempts to patch
>them with sticky-plaster.

Isn't that rather negative Mike?
Too late to fix?

Surely if the 'items list needing fixing' could be defined, hard,
then the will to fix them exists? I suppose that would include specs
with gaps that need plastering etc?

It would surely be a better usage of time than
the last weeks worth of critique without solution options, which is
what xml-dev is famous for.

Never too late?

Regards DaveP.