   xml4c add doctype statement

Greetings.

Is this an acceptable place to ask a question specifically about xml4c?
Thanks
Jeff
p.s. if this is a good place, can someone tell me how to add the doctype
statement an xml file I am producing using the DOM parser?
If I am asking the wrong question or in the wrong place, please help me out
!
Thanks again.