   XML & XML NameSpaces

Hi,

Following the imprompt reply I would still ask any of you to personally try
and help me solve the problem, which I have already sent and is here below.

Tnks a lot
Michelle

I am relatively new to XML and the tools available, however after lots of
research and following some of your suggestions I am using Castor, however I
  still have a few question marks which I can't seem to find the answer for.
Can you please help me, it's important for my final year thesis.

So Castor say:
"For Castor, a Java class has to map into an XML element. When Castor
marshals an object, it will:

- use the mapping information, if any, to find the name of the element to
create " etc...

I would like to know whether it is possible in castor to map the XML as in
the following lines (1) & (2).. and more importantly how...? These XML
documents make use of URI NameSpaces incl.
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema

1) <car colour = "red" type = "saloon" />

2) <xsd:element name = "id" type ="xsd:int"/>

I only found examples of mappings with closed element tags

<car colour = "red" type = "saloon" >
<>
</>
</car>  <-- closing tag

Can Castor be used to create XML documents from Java by marshalling using
Other URI Namespaces...such as http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/?

Any help is appreciated
Tnks a lot
Michelle