   Google License Key

Looking at Google's API closer, I noticed that license key is used as an
argument.  The license key is obtained by:

1. HTTP POST

   Submit e-mail-address and chosen Google password

2. POP3

   Retrieve verification URL to verify e-mail address ownership

3. HTTP GET

   Confirm e-mail address ownership

4. POP3

   Retrieve license key

While these four steps can be done manually to setup server-side Google
client or automatically for each client-side Google client, the
registration process seems clunky and requires much human intervention.
Registration for server-side use can and will likely remain manual for a
while, but I feel that client-side registration process needs to be
improved if client-side use cases for web services are to be realized.

How are people planning to solve these sort of bootstrapping problems?
The need to identify web service clients seems like a pretty basic
requirement.

Best,

Don Park